Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Weighing Snot

I've had a cold lately. And I have had hay fever for most of my life. Today, I got to thinking about snot. And how much snot we produce. I mean, really, I can make a LOT of snot. I've often wondered, how would one measure it? And today, It finally hit me. And, it's so goddamn simple, I can't believe that I haven't thought of it before.

1) Collect snotty tissues. (Keep track of the number of tissues.)
2) Weigh them.
3) Weigh the same amount of unused tissues.
4) Subtract weight of unused tissues from weight of snotty tissues.

The difference is the weight of the snot.

Does anybody know if anyone out there has done this? (I don't have a scale precise enough. The only scale in the house is +/- 5 lbs.)
There's gotta be some member of a science team in Greenland or some shit that's done this in one of them six-month long winters they have....



1 Comments:

Blogger sk8rn said...

You are so bizarre. Only with a cold could someone come up with something like this. What kind of cold medicine are you taking? ;-) I jest, but I am seriously amused. Thanks for the laugh.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home