Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Dear Senator Kerry

I got an email from John Kerry entitled "Counting On You to Make Sure Votes Get Counted." Here is my response:


Dear Senator Kerry:
I'm sorry, but give me a goddamn break! I've been a life-long Democrat, a regular voter, and you guys have let me down, big time. Where were you, Senator Kerry, in 2000 when the protesting Congresspeople needed the signature of one Senator to contest the rigged 2000 election? Why won't you sign a protest this time? Why did you concede so quickly in this election? How can you be sure that the outcome wouldn't have changed? Show me the numbers. Oh wait. You can't, because THERE'S NO PAPER TRAIL!

So far, all I've seen from you is a lot of talk and no fight. Oh yeah, and requests for money.

Now you've got the nerve to send me an e-mail about how every vote will be counted...blah blah blah. But at the same time, you assure me that it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Bullshit.bullshit.bullshit.

I've sent my letter to Senator Boxer, but I don't have much faith that she's going to sign the protest either. Buncha goddamn good-for-nothing politicians.

The Democratic Party has got to get it's shit together and grow a spine, because all of this talk about backing off on choice, moving to the middle, confirming Gonzalez, the ARCHITECT of torture, is really disgusting. And it's not going to work. You've got to fight, dammit! I know you know how. You owe me an explanation. Or at least my $80 back.

Granted, the media was against you, but you didn't put up much of a fight. There was plenty of good advice out there, but you didn't take it. Were you trying to lose? I mean, I understand if you didn't want the job, considering the mess that the Republicans have made over the last 4 years. But, you could have told me. I wouldn't have sent you the goddamn money you wasted.

Jesus Christ, man!

WTF?

Respectfully yours,
Dave

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same email. Can I send him your response in MY name as well? Amen buddy. I've got people throwing beer cans in my backyard because of my Kerry sign during the election and I live in a snooty neighborhood. This jackass had so much money to win this election, that he held back, it's hilareous. Keep it up..love your blog.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Cori said...

Sure, Rhonda.. Go right ahead. I'd be honored. Feel free to throw a few more things in there, too. Just remember to not say anything actually threatening, or they'll put you on a special list.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home