Monday, April 18, 2005

Corazon



The spanish word for "heart". I play a game with myself as I walk through the warehouse, as the radio station that is usually on is one of the spanish language stations. The word "corazon" is in EVERY SINGLE song played on pop spanish language radio. Every one. The game I play is to guess how long it will be before the song I'm listening to gets around to the word corazon. And, so far, corazon has been in every song. (I realize it's got an accent over the second "o", but I can't figure out how to do it.)

Sometimes I wonder if there's some latino guy in a warehouse somewhere waiting for the word "baby" or "yeah" to come out of the radio. Or maybe he's just seeing if anyone in english language pop has ever rhymed "walk" with something other than "talk".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home