Friday, January 14, 2005

Amtrak Don't Take No Shit

Yesterday, on my way home on the commuter train, a woman started a ruckus. She was pushing and yelling at other passengers. She looked like a long-time tweaker - the worn out - wrinkled red skin, missing teeth - weird way of moving. The conductor warned her to sit down. She ended up getting up again and here's what happened:

They came up the stairs of the car I was in. I couldn't hear all of the conversation. Here's what I made out:
Woman: Where's my bag?
Conductor: Let's find your bag.
Woman: I'm on my way to [----] for a hearing for my brother. (Mumble)
Conductor: I'm not a judge of...(inaudible)
Woman: They're holding him hostage!
Conductor: (Inaudible)
Woman:You're violating my human rights!
Conductor: Let's go
They went downstairs.
A couple of minutes later the train stopped. In a small town by the tracks, across the straight and several miles from the city she needed to be in, he threw her off the train.
The train started and, as I looked out the window I could see her crying and walking along the tracks. She stuck out her middle finger at the train - and it looked like she was looking right at me.
Don't fuck around on the train. They'll throw your ass right off. I bet flight attendents are jealous of train conductors.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Crap that must suck for her. I usually behave myself on public transportation.

9:56 AM  
Blogger sapere aude said...

That was a horrible and inhumane thing to do. I mean, we've got our soldiers fighting in Iraq to show the world that America cares, and we can't even show a little compassion to our fellow Americans. That pisses me off!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Yeah. Who knows who she was threatening to bomb?

Q

11:26 AM  
Blogger finnegan said...

That last comment on this posting had me cracking up!
My cousin's an airline flight attendant, and he definitely has done things to get back at the passengers who go way overboard, especially fat ones whom he hates with a vengeance, since he feels they should be paying extra in the first place.

Yeah, we should be paying by weight! Like our friggin baggage! Oops, I've diverged. But who the hell cares?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Funky Fresh Freddie said...

Holy shit!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home