Friday, January 14, 2005

Amtrak Don't Take No Shit

Yesterday, on my way home on the commuter train, a woman started a ruckus. She was pushing and yelling at other passengers. She looked like a long-time tweaker - the worn out - wrinkled red skin, missing teeth - weird way of moving. The conductor warned her to sit down. She ended up getting up again and here's what happened:

They came up the stairs of the car I was in. I couldn't hear all of the conversation. Here's what I made out:
Woman: Where's my bag?
Conductor: Let's find your bag.
Woman: I'm on my way to [----] for a hearing for my brother. (Mumble)
Conductor: I'm not a judge of...(inaudible)
Woman: They're holding him hostage!
Conductor: (Inaudible)
Woman:You're violating my human rights!
Conductor: Let's go
They went downstairs.
A couple of minutes later the train stopped. In a small town by the tracks, across the straight and several miles from the city she needed to be in, he threw her off the train.
The train started and, as I looked out the window I could see her crying and walking along the tracks. She stuck out her middle finger at the train - and it looked like she was looking right at me.
Don't fuck around on the train. They'll throw your ass right off. I bet flight attendents are jealous of train conductors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Queenie said...

Yeah. Who knows who she was threatening to bomb?

Q

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home