Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sick TV

Man, I had to take a second sick day, and man, it sucks to call in sick when you're actually sick. Must be a sign of aging... Anyway, I spent some time on the couch today watching TV, and Sylvia Browne was on Montel. Her scam is so transparent to me, but you can really see how these people really, really want to believe in spirits & such. Part of her success seems to be not being too eager to please the audience members. My favorite is this kind of exchange:

Audience member: I've always felt that I had a spirit animal guide.
Browne: You do, It's a squirrel.
Audience member: You sure it's not a wolf or an eagle?
Browne: Nope, it's a squirrel.
Audience member: I've always felt an affinity for wolves...
Browne: It's a squirrel honey.
Audience member: Bear?
Browne: Squirrel.

That stuff cracks me up. Or maybe it's just the Robitussen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home